Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Passion

I've been misleading a co-worker lately. Not completely but not completely honest either. We've both been discussing the fact that we have no passions in our lives. How we really just don't care much about anything. I'm not into sports because I just can't bring myself to care about a "game". I'm not into politics because it appears to be self serving, maybe not in the beginning but always in the end. So many "passions" seem to be about convincing people to think like you think for the purpose of self validation. Well, I actually like me and don't need outside approval to feel good. Of course it's nice to get, but I don't crave that justification. Even when it comes to the Christian faith it seems that so many people's spreading of the good news is more about convincing others to be and think the same as them. They miss the point and it makes me question if they have truly surrendered their life to the Lord. Jesus convinced many to follow Him, but it was for their own good not His. Today's Christians seem to be trying harder to earn a better standing for themselves than truly concerned for those that haven't experienced the love of Christ. What really breaks my heart is the fact that many of them don't even realize how selfish and self serving their Christian walk is. My passion is to help others along the path of truly following Christ. Whether they are on the path and slightly misguided or in the waste lands that surround the path does not matter to me. I want to do what I've be commanded to do. Go and make disciples, not converts, but disciples. Disciples of Christ who understand and can't contain the love that can only come for Him. That is my passion. I don't yet know the exact medium I will use for this, but I know it doesn't matter because I can do this on a daily basis just by walking the path. I don't need to know where the path is taking me because it only goes in the right direction.

No comments: